Thoughts on course preparation
The content of this learning module can be divided into two individual sections:
- Dealing with the question "Who owns my data?
- The presentation of the core statements of the GDPR.
If the available teaching time is limited, here are some ideas and suggestions for implementation:
- Entry into the discussion "Who owns my data" via one of the following exercises.
- CUMILA Wiki c3L01 The value of my data
- CUMILA Wiki c2L01b Ownership of data II
- The topic of "personal rights" can be discussed using the following examples:
- The Barbara Streisand effect (see chapter 3.2.4 Problem: Right to erasure and to be forgotten).
- CUMILA Wiki c3L01b - My data, my rights? (Using the Technoviking phenomenon as an example).
- Presentation of the GDPR:
- Sense and purpose
- What is personal data?
- What does processing mean?
- What rights do I have as a consumer?
- Impact of the GDPR:
- Data storage outside the EU